REU: Research Experiences for Undergraduates
For nine years, the E3S Research Experiences for Undergraduates (E3S REU) program provided residential research internships to undergraduate students from across the country. Participants of this competitive merit-based program undertook cutting edge in the laboratories of E3S faculty, pursuing research projects in electrical engineering, material science, physics and chemistry. They also participated in enrichment activities including technical seminars, field trips, subsidized GRE prep courses, and advising on graduate school programs and fellowship applications. Participants of this program have gone on to complete Bachelor’s degrees in Engineering and enroll in elite PhD programs.
This E3S REU program is no longer accepting applications.
Exciting Research Areas
- 9-weeks of research experience
- Hands-on research guided by faculty mentors and graduate students
- Graduate school advising and subsidized GRE prep course
- Guest speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $4,000 stipend plus room and board (dependent upon selected campus)
- Travel allowance (up to $600)
- Must be a United States citizen, national, or permanent resident to apply. International students are NOT eligible for this program.
- Sophomores, juniors, and non-graduating seniors enrolled in four year colleges and universities in the United States
- Engineering and Physical Science majors
- 3.25 grade point average or higher
- No prior research experience required