ETERN: Undergraduate Research Fellowships
The E3S Internship Program is a paid research internship program, enabling undergraduates of UC Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), and Florida International University (FIU) to undertake research with E3S faculty at their home institutions.
- October through May
- Exact start date dependent on the academic calendar of each member institution
Exciting Research Areas
- 10-weeks of research experience; average 10 hours per week
- Hands-on research guided by faculty advisors and graduate student mentors
- $1,200 stipend
- E3S commitment to provide research experience (up to 30 weeks), subject to student’s performance in the research and maintaining a 3.25 GPA or higher
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident to apply. International students are NOT eligible for this program.
- Engineering and Physical Science majors
- 3.25 grade point average or higher
- Willing to commit to participation in the Center’s research for a minimum of 30 weeks over 1.5 years, if applicable,while maintaining the required grade point average
- No prior research experience required
- Completed online application form by the posted deadline
- Unofficial or official academic transcript from all attended colleges / universities
- Resume or CV
- Available to be interviewed after application is submitted
To Apply to the ETERN Program, follow these steps
Complete the on-line application. Click here to access the application form.
Send an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) via email, fax or regular mail. Please note you must send a transcript for every undergraduate institution you have attended. Admitted applicants will be asked to submit an official transcript at the time of acceptance.
- All applications, including transcripts, must be received by September 29, 2017.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Notification for interviews is expected to be sent one week after the deadline.
Questions and Supporting Documents can be addressed to:
ATTN: Dr. Kedrick Perry
University of California
562 Sutardja Dai Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-1764
Fax: (510) 666-2026