Welcome to the website of the Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Energy Efficient Electronic Systems & Steep Transistors Workshop, a satellite event of the 2017 IEEE S3S Conference.
This year, the Berkeley Symposium on Energy Efficient Electronic Systems, a forum founded in 2009, will join forces with the Steep Transistors Workshop to bring together a wide array of researchers from around the world working on breakthrough improvements in energy efficiency for information processing – from devices to systems.
Topics & Presentations
The joint event will feature a mixture of oral and poster presentations covering a wide range of current topics in energy efficient electronics. In particular, the organizing committee invites submission of papers in the following areas:
- The Systems Benefits of Lower Operating Voltage
- Steep Tunneling Transistors
- Steep Negative-Capacitance Gate Transistors
- Nano-Mechanical Switching
- Magnetic Switching, Magneto-Resistive Drive Current
- 3D-Integration to Save Energy
- Low-Energy Short-Distance Optical Communication
- Electrochemical Switching
- Cryogenic and Superconducting Computing
- New Analog Machines to Solve Digital Problems